Thursday, October 20, 2011

iPhone 4S

I finally upgraded my iPhone 3G last week and now have the new iPhone 4S.
Overall there is no comparison, the new phone is just that much faster in every regard.

Here I take a look at the new 8 megapixel camera.  This new camera is far better than one should expect from a phone camera.  Without getting too deep into the technical aspects (you can go to the apple site for that) I will say that the entire sensor and chip set is "state of the art" and designed for this phone.  

All of the snap shots below were taken with no flash, using only available light, with no editing at all.  Not much thought went into taking these pictures, just decent composition and a relatively steady hand.

The second  image of the wine bottles below was shot using HDR (High Dynamic Range). HDR merges three separate exposures to give you a picture with more detail in the highlights and shadows.  It's as simple to use as touching the screen and you can't even tell the camera took three exposures, it's that fast.


So, have a look at my first few pictures with my new iPhone 4S.  I think that you will agree that they're not too bad.



One of my favorite paintings from my grandfather







Using HDR






No comments:

Post a Comment