Thursday, July 11, 2013

Spider Holster for Weddings

For years I relied on my basic camera straps for carrying my cameras.  If you've ever tried to carry two camera bodies at the same time then you know it's quite difficult and uncomfortable.  Using pro camera bodies makes it almost impossible.  

When my friend Karl Grobl told me about the Spider Holster I was intrigued, but skeptical about having my camera hang from my hip.  I decided to give the holster a try after Karl reviewed the holster's performance after a few months use.  The thing about Karl is that he shoots more in one month than most photographers do in an entire year, all while traveling to the far corners of the earth in challenging conditions.  In fact, if you've ever thought of going on a photo tour to exotic places and you want to learn how to really use your camera, Karl's your guy!  

When I got the holster, I immediately liked it.   Getting the weight of my Nikon D3 with my 70-200 2.8 lens off my shoulders felt great! But my second camera was still on a strap which made things feel a bit unbalanced but much better than before.  This was my setup for about two years until I got tired of always putting down my strapped camera to get the weight of of my shoulder or to get a high or low angle shot, which you can't do with the camera strap around your neck.  

Fast forward to June 20, 2013, the day I shot my first Wedding using the Spider Pro dual holster.  Wow!  Getting ALL the weight off my shoulders for a nine hour wedding shoot was amazing!  If needed, I had both my hands free in an instant and both my cameras were always ready at my side.

The wedding DJ commented on the holster saying, "now that's a lot of trust you're putting on that thing!"  This brings up a good point.  I too was skeptical about the strength and safety of the system.  After all, that's quite a bit of weight hanging on that holster!  True, but when you look at the solid construction of every part of the holster, and you realize that the pin that holds the camera in the holster is made out of solid stainless steel, all those worries go away.  In fact, the tripod socket were the pin is mounted is the strongest mounting point of your camera.  

Finally, I have found the absolute best way to carry either one or two cameras, and the Spider Pro System is it!
So, if you're a Pro Wedding Photographer, or an active hobbyist, be sure to check out the spider Pro website, they have a system for every need..  Spider Pro Web Site


Ready for a Wedding at Mount Palomar Winery


Holster sits comfortably right below for belt

No comments:

Post a Comment